"I guess he ran out of Just For Men," said Gary Cohen, who was doing the pre-game from SNY's studios on Thursday.
But Cohen's joke may not be far from the truth.
Andrew Fegyveresi, VP of Communications at SNY, said he believes that Hernandez and Just For Men have parted ways. Hernandez, according to this article by Richard Sandomir in the NY Times, has been in the ads since at least 2008, but the article hints that the commercials had been on for some time before it was written.
I have reached out to Just For Men for confirmation, but did not receive a reply by the time this was published.
Let's remember the good times:
Additional reporting by Lenny Neslin of Lenny's Yankees.