Spring training stats mean nothing, so why not take a look at some of the more peculiar numbers…
- Nick Evans leads the team with 41 at bats.
- Luis Hernandez, who is “in the second base mix,” has only 12 ABs. He also has five hits.
- Josh Thole has 13 hits. Lucas Duda and Scott Hairston have 11 each.
- Ike Davis, Lucas Duda, Scott Hairston, Angel Pagan and Josh Thole each have two home runs.
- Davis, Thole and Daniel Murphy have each driven in six runs.
- Jason Bay, Nick Evans and Zach Lutz have each struck out 10 times.
- R.A. Dickey has allowed 13 hits in 12 innings, both the most for a Mets pitcher.
- Chris Capuano, Taylor Tankersley and Chris Young have each allowed two home runs.
- Oliver Perez – unsurprisingly – has walked five batters, leading the Mets in free passes.
- Jon Niese has stuck out 10 batters. Ryota Igarashi is second on the team, striking out 9.
Check out the spring training stats here. Any good tidbits I missed?