I’m a little sidetracked by applying for jobs, but here are some interesting facts on the 2010 Mets for this Wednesday…
- Jason Bay leads the Mets in plate appearance with 227.
- Bay also leads the teams in hits with 56.
- Most runs? That also belongs to Bay with 33.
- David Wright edges out Bay for most doubles on the team, 13 to 12.
- We have a tie for most triples: Jose Reyes and Bay each have four.
- The Mets do not have a .300 hitter.
- Bay leads the Mets in OBP.
- Wright and Jeff Francoeur each have grounded into six double plays. Reyes, the guy who is “so hard to double up,” has hit into five.
- Though a lot of people worry about Francisco Rodriguez not getting into enough games, he is third on the team with 24 appearances.
- Mike Pelfrey and Johan Santana have each allowed 61 hits.
- John Maine and Oliver Perez have each allowed 27 earned runs.
- K-Rod has a 10.4 K/9.
- Pelfrey and Santana have each thrown upwards of 1,100 pitches. No other pitcher has eclipsed 800.