We’re nearing the end of spring training and the time of stats and wins not mattering is coming to a close. So let’s take a look at some of the numbers from 2010 spring training (so far).
- Ruben Tejada leads the team with 53 AB. He also leads the Mets with 60 plate appearances.
- Fernando Martinez leads the Mets with 18 hits. Tejada is second with 17.
- Jason Pridie has hit 5 doubles.
- David Wright’s 4 home runs leads the team.
- No one has driven in more runs that Wright or Martinez, both with 11.
- Gary Matthews Jr. has struck out 13 times. Jason Bay is second with 11.
- Angel Pagan has swiped 4 bases.
- Of the likely five starters, Mike Pelfrey has the highest ERA: 7.97. John Maine has a 7.94.
- Johan Santana has the highest WHIP with a 1.98.
- Pelfrey has surrendered 8 home runs in 20 1/3 IP (leading the team in innings).
- Sean Green and Oliver Perez walked 8 batters each.
- Hisanori Takahashi has struck out 13 batters, the most by a Met.
And that’s enough meaningless stats for today. Enjoy your rainy Monday.