Johan Santana takes the mound today against the Milwaukee Brewers at 1:10 p.m. Last night, I asked my Twitter followers if they though Santana would throw a no hitter this year, which would be the first in Mets history.
Here are their responses…
- gwong said: Depends - will he be traded away from the Mets?
- jessicarubin said: I HOPE SO!!!! vamos johan =)
- susi__ said: Hell yeah! & It'll be tomorrow!
- letsgoduke said: no, were the mets :(
- mets_geekette said: Yes! No one better to be the first Met to do it. Should we even be talking about this? I feel like we're going to jinx it.
- MetsGal said: no. We traded Nolan Ryan we will never get one.
- fscker said: i doubt it. if he hasnt thrown one yet, i dunno if it will ever happen.
- JTKrycek said:: i hate when announcers say "can u believe the mets have never thrown a no-hitter?" johan's the perfect guy to shut them up.
- fullnelson said: Johan Santana will not throw a no-hitter in 2009. I give 60% of a no-no. (secretly, I hoping I'm wrong)
- darknova306 said: Hell no. There won't be no-hitter for the Mets until I give up being a fan. That'll be a looooong time, cause I like pain.
- lvadgal said: no johan will not throw a no hitter
- resamor said: Santana has a better chance of winning 25 than pitching a no-hitter.
- Thommy7893 said: Let's be optimistic ... YES HE WILL
- thebrowncoat said: Only if the Cubs win the WS and the Nationals lose 121 games, proving the entire natural baseball order has been upset.
- pattigibbons said: no, but not because of Johan; it will be a defensive support problem.
Quite an interesting array of answers. I don’t think he will, but I’m holding out hope and hope he proves me wrong.
Not on Twitter? Hit the comments to toss in your 2¢ about Santana and if he’ll toss a no-no in ‘09.
Follow me on Twitter to participate
in the next Twitter Poll!