Last night, a few follies in the field may have cost the Mets the game. Couple that with some sleepy bats in the 7th, 8th and 9th and a meltdown by your starting pitcher and you have some fans pointing fingers.
Last night, mere minutes after the game, I asked my Twitter followers to pick one player to blame last night’s loss on. Obviously, this isn’t the most classy post, but the fans were angry last night and they needed a place to vent.
Here are their responses…This was easily the most popular Twitter Poll…
- susi__ said: BELTRAN! 3 words..did not slide!
- Retire31 said: Beltran. You slide, you change the whole perspective of the game.
- lvadgal said: Beltran for NOT sliding
- tweetthemets said: Obviously Beltran & Murph look bad, but it comes down to Ollie again. Never met an early lead he couldn't blow.
- danfirrincili said: Didn't see the first seven innings. So I'd pin this one on Murphy. I want to like him, but he has no position in the field.
- metsfansforever said: beltran shines murphy ollie etc
- gmo418 said: Jerry Manuel for letting Oliver pitch to that one extra batter, then Fossum...the suck!
- acesigma said: Murphy. Even if Beltran scores Murphy still drops the ball. No way you can know if he'd be taken out.
- PerpetualMemory said: Perez b/c he is a fat [expletive deleted] who can't pitch more than 2 innings w/o getting distracted by something shiny in the crowd.
- SITTINGINTHEBAC said: the whole team they need to wake up asap
- Jbones72 said: murphy, let's get real he can't play left!
- zim1021 said: Gonna have to give it to Murphy. He's playing the field. He should know it's slippery. Should've fielded in a hop.
- Section518 said: Not Beltran. Bad play, but he's the best baserunner in the game. I'd put it on Murph. His misplays in LF got to Ollie.
- ambilevous said: face it dude, ollie needs his own personal shrink and 24 hr on call crisis team
- metgirl4ever said: upset about Beltran, but blame 'butterfingers Murphy' at this moment, I'm not opposed 2 hazing involving glue & a glove
- fullnelson said: Ollie P, couldnt get 2 hold runners & get da last out @ 5th in. 1 u cant get 6in & 3ER Gm over
- dave_doyle said: Blame it on Murphy. He stinks in left field.
- J_Alexandria said: Ollie, Murphy, the Blind UMPS, Beltran . in that order.
- fscker said: can i pick an ex-card? Fernando Tatis for not smacking jerry manual to get back into left field. Bring Back Fernando!!!!
- mets_geekette said: Murph. I know everyone keeps saying patience, patience, but you know what? Catch the fly ball.
- Thommy7893 said: Murphy. Because of his "Butterfinger play".
- cutiepie0319k said: i don't think you can blame it on one person.. between Murphy, Ollie, Beltran... a few players did oopies.
And from the peanut gallery / jokesters…
- ChuckKnoblog said: Beltran's no slide blunder cost the game; you have gotta slide! Murphy put the icing on the cake with his comical miss-step.
- maxypoo said: molina of course!
Not on Twitter? Hit the comments to toss in your 2¢ about who might be to blame for last night’s loss.
Follow me on Twitter to participate
in the next Twitter Poll!