After another night of sloppy pitching and lack of hitting, I asked my Twitter followers what was worse about the Mets: the bats or the arms?
Here are their responses…
- wendy93639 said: pitching
- letsgoduke said: bats
- pjdempsey said: bats with RISP. Pitching hasn't been horrible as far as runs allowed goes.
- Section518 said: Bats. Pitchers (outside of Johan) have been bad or shaky, but this offense can pick them up. But they haven't. Yet.
- PaulsRandomStuf said: The Mets starting pitching, other than Santana, is a disaster. The hitters will eventually get it together (I hope).
- acesigma said: A billion left on base so far? Batting. No question.
- Retire31 said: how about timely hitting AND timely pitching.
- MetsNY81 said: You can make a strong argument for both.. but i'll go with bats.
- lvadgal said: gotta go with the bats as if they were hitting runs would score and that helps the pitchers.
- darknova306 said: Pitching. We know the bats will come around, but Maine looks toasted, Ollie is worse than ever and who knows about Pelf's arm
- gmo418 said: Hitting, 100+ men left on base . Cant drive in runs. Its sad. Hopefully Mets can get healthy on the Nats this weekend.
- jessicarubin said: Bats.. The pitching has been inconsistent but it could be much worse (*cough*chien-ming wang*cough*) - a few hits would = win
- samtpage said: They're both good. I'm serious.
Interesting array of answers. Bats came out as the “winner” but pitching had a strong contingent behind it.
Not on Twitter? Hit the comments to toss in your 2¢ about which problem facing the Mets is worse.
Follow me on Twitter to participate
in the next Twitter Poll!