In the first inning of last night’s game, Omir Santos hit a grand slam in his third straight start.
Brian Schneider will likely return to the Mets soon, coming off the DL after experiencing pain in his back. But what will happen to Santos?
Last night, I asked my Twitter followers what should the Mets do with Omir Santos?
Here are their answers…
- gmo418 said: Play the hot hand. Leave in Omir.
- Section518 said: Trade one, preferably Castro. Santos to Buffalo for the short term, but bring him right back as soon as a trade is made.
- jessicarubin said: Tough. I like Castro but maybe try and shop him in exchange for a SP?
- DonCheech said: Trade Castro or DFA him. Omir needs to stay
- metschick said: "Schneider, you suck. Get outta here!"
- blackshadows14 said: Manuel plays guys who are playing well, so I believe that Santos is here to stay, as he should be.
- cvelardi said: What should the Mets do w/ Castro might be the more important question!
- cselland said: Brian Who?
- d_kris said: If we could carry 3 catchers for a bit it would be nice. But with the state of pitching I don't think that'll happen.
- samtpage said: Demote him. His success won't last, even though Schneider's not THAT much better. I bet Manuel lobbies for OS to stay.
- Jbones72 said: maybe they will get lucky Schneider won't come back!
- JTKrycek said: so far he's been better than castro or schneider; at the very least make him the new backup, or platoon him w/schneider
- fullnelson said: I think da Mets will send O. Santos down 2 Triple-A Buffalo (or DFA), unless something happens in Left Field (Sorry 4 da Pun)
- fscker said: that's a REALLY good question. I know what WILL happen, santos will get sent down.
- metgirl4ever said: ...Schneider who...?
- kerelcoop said: I'd like to see them keep Santos up and trade Schnieder. The last thing I want to see is them carry three catchers.
- darknova306 said: Mets should shop Schneider. Maybe a KazMat deal, where 'we pay you to take our garbage'. :) Santos is what this team needs.
And from the peanut gallery / jokesters…
- kevin_tor said: Tie him to Daniel Murphy for stability.
- jschil said: trade him to the yanks and convert him to a pitcher
- Retire31 said: I can't top what the other guy said about tying Omir to Murphy for stability.
Not on Twitter? Hit the comments to toss in your 2¢ on what the Mets should do next with Omir Santos.
Follow me on Twitter to participate
in the next Twitter Poll!