What is the triceps muscle?This has nothing to do with Tommy John Surgery, as that effects the ligament in your upper arm, not the tendon.
The triceps muscle is the one at the back of the upper arm - as shown opposite. It inserts into the back of the elbow. If you fall onto your hands you can rupture this tendon. If you over-do the weights or try to push something too heavy you can also rupture the tendon or it could become inflammed through over use.
* Pain at the tip of the elbow.
* Pain at this point when you try to straighten the arm against resistance e.g. pushing something heavy.
What can the athlete do?
* Rest. Ice the injury in the first two days.
* See a sports injury professional for advice on treatment and rehabilitation.
What can a sports injury specialist or doctor do?
* Use ultrasound or laser treatment.
* X-ray the elbow.
* Prescribe anti-inflammatory medication.
* Prescribe a full rehabilitation program.
I think this makes me breath a little easier.