According to NJ.com, "The New York Mets' Single A farm team will be renamed the Baracklyn Cyclones for its June 23 game in Brooklyn."
There's already a website up and running, along with an insane YouTube video.
I almost have no words for this. Thankfully this is only for one night.
Here's what you can get, if you attend:
* Alternate red, white, and blue jerseys adorned with the team’s new nameYou have got to love the minor leagues and their wacky promotions. And to top it all off, tickets will go on sale Jan. 20, at 10 am. So fitting and very, very clever.
* FREE Barack Obama bobbleheads to the first 2,500 fans in attendance, featuring the President in a Baracklyn Cyclones Jersey
* The Economic Stimulus Package: From 10am on January 20th – Inauguration Day – to midnight on January 23rd, ticket prices for the June 23rd game will be “rolled back” to the Cyclones’ inaugural 2001 season rates: $10 Field Box Seats, $8 Box Seats, $5 Bleacher Seats. Beginning January 24th, tickets will be priced at the regular 2009 rates ($15, $12, $8)
* Universal Health Care: Free Band-Aids to the first 1,000 fans
* Naming Rights: Anyone named Barack gets in for free (Bring your ID on the night of the game)
* Joe the Plumber special: any plumber named Joe gets two free tickets – one for himself, and one to “spread the wealth” with a friend (Bring your ID and a business card or proof of employment on the night of the game)
* Bi-Partisan Consolation Prize: anyone named McCain or Palin will get a free Bleacher Seat (Bring your ID on the night of the game)
* A clear-cut Exit Strategy: fans will receive American Flags and discount coupons as they leave the ballpark