Of the 15 innings of tedious baseball played last night, and into this morning, maybe two or three actually caught my attention. From the tenth inning on, every time the National League failed to plate a run, I was practically begging the AL to score so this thing would be over. I would only beg if I was awake though, as this game failed to hold my attention more than a fluffy couch and blanket could.
Here's what I got as my mom flipped back and forth between the All Star Game and "House Hunters" on HGTV, in no particular order:
- Dan Uggla makes uggly errors. (Amazing find by Dan Lamothe over at Red Sox Monster.)
- Billy Wagner should never pitch in All Star Games ever again.
- Clint Hurdle and Terry Francona are luuuuuuuuuucky!
- I think my dad was more excited for the stealth plane fly over than the game. Rightly so.
- Russel Martin is a beast at blocking the plate.
- Yogi Berra is still awesome.
- George Sherrill's hat is flatter than Joba Chamberlain's.
- Sox fans are so happy the MVP was J.D. Drew.
I must say, the best part of the entire All Star Game, from red carpet events to derbies, is the pre-game festivities. I absolutely love seeing all the great players take the field and bask in cheers from fans that probably weren't alive when they played. It's great to see their accomplisments in baseball recognized.