- Johan Santana and Aaron Heilman are second half pitchers. The numbers show it, and over their career, these two pitchers have truly rallied in the second half and pitched some of their best baseball. As the ace of the staff and an important anchor in the bullpen, solid second halves from these two will propel the Mets.
- Carlos Delgado is smoking hot. The last two months, this guy has been on an absolute tear. Everything seems to be going right for him, he even set the franchise record for RBI's in a game. He keeps raking, the Mets will keep winning.
- The Phillies pitching is pretty bad. When adding a 5-12 Joe Blanton to the rotation is seen as an upgrade, what more needs to be said.
- Ryan Church will come back healthy and rested. He's missed half the year, so his legs and body will be fresh and ready to go for as long as needed in the second half.
- Karma. The Mets got served up a heaping plate of crappy karma last season, so life has to repay the team and the fans somehow, right?
Did I miss anything?? Let me know in the brand new commenting system!